From embarrassing gas releases in public to uncontrollable heartburn, a lot of people suffer from digestive problems today. If you have been struggling with these issues, you’ve come to the right place. The good news is, there are simple solutions to this problem. In this post, we will walk you through the reasons behind the discomfort of heartburn and how to get rid of the mundane digestive problems.
What is Flatulence?
For many people, they might find it sarcastic but meteorism is a natural phenomenon, which is a healthy part of the digestive system. When you breathe in air, a portion of it gets inside the stomach that releases it through burps and flatulences. Gas is a also a byproduct of food breakdown. For your information, you typically release gas from the digestive system around 13 to 21 times a day.
How to Get Rid of Bloating and Gas?
If you make simple changes in your lifestyle, they can make a big difference to the problems of bloating and meteorism:
- Try to cut on the fatty foods
- Eat slowly
- Try to avoid chilled water as much as you can
- Avoid foods that cause fermentation
- Quit smoking because it triggers heartburn
- Avoid fructose and sorbitol
What is Heartburn and How is it Caused?
There are several muscles in your stomach that control the passage of food from the esophagus known as the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). This ring-shaped group of muscles allows the food to move through the esophagus to the stomach. So when the LES opens up or doesn’t have enough space for food to pass through, the stomach acid can climb back inside the esophagus, causing severe burning.
This situation is similar to what happens to other sphincters, such as the urinary one. Urinary incontinence addressed by catheter supplies in Australia is caused by a similar problem, although the solution for heartburn is quite different. Always check with your doctor first to understand the underlying causes of your stomach problems, but in the meantime, here are a few quick tips.
How to Prevent HeartBurn?
Here are a few things that you must try to get rid of heartburn easily:
- Try to lose weight if you are overweight. Work out every day and walk in the park for 30 minutes to improve your body strength.
- Try to wear loose clothing because tight clothes will only trigger more heartburn.
- Avoid exercises that have a high impact on your body.
- If you binge smoking, now is the perfect time to get rid of it. It might also increase the amount of acid that is made by the stomach.
- Try to eat a light dinner and despise smoking after it.
- Always try to walk for at least 2 to 3 hours after dinner.
- Avoid eating junk food because it is very unhealthy.
Now that you have gone through enough information on gas and bloating, you have a better chance to get rid of these issues. But remember: choose a healthy lifestyle and it will improve the quality of your life significantly.