How To Eat Your Way To Fitness

healthy food

Staying fit isn’t just about working your body through. Apart from hitting the gym every day, you also need to ensure that you practice a good diet as it could highly affect how you can manage your body’s fitness. If you’re trying to lose weight, 75% of it depends on your diet, and the remaining 25% will be for your exercises. With that, you should focus your priorities on what kind of food you consume to achieve your fitness goals.

As you look after your food consumption, you need to eat food that’s right and healthy for your body. Apart from checking that you’re getting the right amount of daily nutrients you need, you should also check if they could help you lose weight.

Moreover, below are the ways on how you can eat your way to fitness:

1. Consider Metabolism-Boosting Foods

Your body’s metabolism refers to how your body processes your food intake. The faster body metabolism you have, the quicker it’d be for your body to process every food you take, not allowing the excess to store in your body for a while and keeping your body weight balanced as much as possible. With that, it’d be helpful if you consume metabolism-boosting foods to keep your body fit and healthy.

When going for metabolism-boosting foods, the advantage that your body would get is endless. With a faster metabolism, you’re allowing your body to burn calories quicker, allowing yourself to gain less or no weight at all, even if you consume massive amounts of food. However, this might differ, especially if you keep on consuming high-sugar foods and beverages.

Listed below are some metabolism-boosting foods you can enjoy:

  • Coffee  
  • Tea 
  • Chili pepper 
  • Protein-rich foods 
  • Mineral-rich foods 
  • Apple cider vinegar 
  • Ginger 
  • Cacao  

As you consume these foods, ensure that you avoid adding sugar to make them tastier. While they might taste delicious, you might not be able to get the metabolism-boosting benefit, putting your diet to waste.

eating happy

2. Eat The Right Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates might have a tainted name, but they can help you bring yourself into fitness. While carbs are common as they allow your body to gain more weight, they’re your body’s main source of energy. It could be the reason why you’re going into a sugar rush when you consume too many sweets. However, with the proper consumption of carbohydrates, you can have a good energy source while you’re working out.

As you exercise to keep your body fit, you need to get the most energy to keep your body running. The more fuel you have in your body, the better you can do with your workout routines, allowing for better sessions.

Ideally, you should consume the right carbohydrates such as:  

  • Quinoa 
  • Roasted chickpeas 
  • Whole-grain 
  • Sweet potatoes 
  • Greek yogurt 
  • Oatmeal 
  • Barley 
  • Black beans 
  • Broccoli 
  • Spinach 

As you consume good carbohydrates for your body, you can feel fuller for the day, making you eat less as your appetite won’t constantly be looking for something to eat. It’ll be like hitting two birds with one stone as you get to improve your energy source while staying full for longer hours.

3. Maximize Your Fruit And Vegetable Intake 

To allow your body to be fit, you need to ensure that your body is getting the right number of vitamins and nutrients you need for the entire day. In this way, you can reduce your unhealthy food consumption and allow your body to be a temple of healthy meals.

It’d be beneficial to keep half of your plate with fruits and vegetables during your mealtime to keep yourself healthy. For a variety of good nutrients, you should consider eating various colors for your fruits and veggies. It’d be an excellent time to explore your taste buds and look for your new favorite meal.

4. Start Eating Big 

As you begin the day, you should make breakfast your primary meal and gradually downsize until dinner time. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it helps fuel your body, giving you enough energy for the entire day. With this, you should consider consuming foods that can provide you the most power such as bananas, brown rice, fatty fish, sweet potatoes, avocados, apples, and eggs. 

Moreover, consuming less before hitting the bed would be better. Ideally, your last meal should be at least three hours before your bedtime. This will allow your body to have enough time to process your food intake and disallow to store it in your body, which could turn into fat. Weight loss supplements such as Active PK claim they might also curb cravings, but the science behind them is somehow sketchy, so take them with a grain of salt.


Eating the right kind and amount of food can keep you healthy. With proper knowledge of what you should eat, you’d allow your body to be fit. Just ensure you match it with a good exercise to help you achieve the body of your dreams.