Delta-8 has been gaining popularity over the past several years thanks to its similar reactions to standard cannabis but without many of the downsides traditionally associated with it. Despite this, it remains somewhat elusive to most people outside of the cannabis industry. This post will shed some light on this compound’s legality and the best way to consume it.
What Is Delta-8?
The delta-8 THC compound found in hemp is very closely related to the delta-9 THC compound in cannabis, which gives users a high. It can be consumed similarly. However, it is commonly touted as a more beneficial version due to its reduced effects compared to Delta-9. You can use an online retailer for THC just as you would with any other form of cannabis, provided the dispensary only sells high-quality products. But how do you know if a dispensary is reputable or not? There are some factors you should consider, including:
- Check the site: By taking a cursory glance around the website, you should be able to tell if it is worth continuing or not. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes and the images they use. If the site screams low-quality, you will likely receive a low-quality product.
- Examine their contact details: All reputable dispensaries will include a variety of ways in which you can contact them. It could be a red flag if they are coy about sharing these details.
- See if they have any guarantees: If a company is sure of their quality, they should be comfortable offering a money-back guarantee.
- See if shipping costs are disproportionate: Some disreputable retailers will appear to offer excellent prices on the main product, then sting you with enormous shopping fees. While this isn’t an indication of product quality per se, it’s a shady practice that says a lot about a company.
- Seed selection: The more choice you have, the more likely it is you will have a better experience. Even delta-8 cannabis comes in various forms, so you should check around to see what they offer.
It Is Legal (But Still Do Your Homework)
Delta-8 is legal on a federal level, according to the 2018 Farm Bill. This means that producers are entitled to legal protections under federal law regarding the growing and selling of the product. However, recent disputes could turn things the other way. Therefore, you should always research and double-check the legalities of purchasing some. Moreover, it is essential to note that delta-8 products have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration. While many people use it regularly without any adverse effects, you should still be aware of the potential risk. Nonetheless, as mentioned earlier, most of these risks can be mitigated using a credible retailer.
It Will Still Get You High
The short answer to this question is yes. However, it differs from what you would encounter with Delta 9 THC, the cannabinoid that most people are more accustomed to. For one, the buzz is a lot gentler and more pleasant. People tend to gravitate toward this particular compound due to its effects, even after taking Delta-9 extensively. If you are a total beginner, you should experiment with doses to get an idea of what your body can tolerate. Once you have found the sweet spot, you will enjoy it much more.
You Can Consume It In Various Ways
There is no difference between Delta-8 and other types of weed in terms of consumption. You can inhale, ingest, drop, and dab to your heart’s content. Some of the more popular methods include:
- Inhalation: This is arguably the most prevalent method of consumption and can be achieved by smoking or vaping. Smoking Is the most straightforward as you only need some papers to get started, but it is also quite harsh on the throat. This has led to many people moving on to another option; dry vaping. You can buy machines that you place the bud inside, which heats up, releasing vapor you can inhale. It is far smoother, and you can often taste more terpenes.
- Ingestion: Although cannabis has been consumed for a long time, edibles have only recently become popular. You can get gummies, chocolate, and all manner of edible treats that will get you high.
- Oil: This is the most potent form of any weed variety and should be used sparingly. Nonetheless, it is discrete, has a rapid onset, and provides a strong hit. You can also use the oil by dropping it into smoothies and other drinks.
In many ways, delta-8 is not much different from its delta-9 sibling. However, it is legal on a federal level making it far easier to acquire, and it has fewer adverse effects. Nevertheless, you should always use a reputable supplier and verify that purchases are legal in your state.