Growing older is a fact of life. It has its advantages, but also some pitfalls. Ageing makes the skin look older. We gain lines and wrinkles that we do not want and yearn for that youthful and cleaner look. There are many cosmetic surgery procedures that can be carried out – a full facelift, for example – but not everybody wants to go under the knife and have an anaesthetic. The risks associated are not those one wishes to undertake.
There are other procedures that can help reduce the signs of ageing on the face in particular that are non-invasive. These often involve an injection or two, and perhaps the one you are most familiar with is Botox. What are dermal fillers, and why do they come recommended for people who don’t want Botox?
In the article that follows we will be talking about Juvéderm and why the Woodlands clinic uses this brand, and we’ll also see if you are a candidate for the procedure and what you should expect if you decide to go the route of dermal fillers. So, why Juvéderm?
What is Juvéderm?
Juvéderm is one of many brands of dermal fillers on the market and is the leading choice for many clinics. This is largely because of its proven success, safety, and ease of use. Juvéderm is a brand that offers a variety of dermal fillers, each of which differs in thickness and elasticity.
This gives the consultant the option of choosing the correct version for each individual patient. Juvéderm – like many injectables – uses a base chemical of hyaluronic acid which is proven to be safe and effective for this treatment. What are the benefits of Juvéderm treatment? Let’s make that our next point of discussion.
What are the Benefits of Juvéderm Dermal Fillers?
There is some confusion as to what dermal fillers can and cannot do. First, we should say that Juvéderm is not a permanent solution. However, it can be repeated as many times as you wish. Second, the major benefit is that it is non-invasive and does not involve surgery, so there are fewer risks involved. Here are some of the areas that Juvéderm is used as a rejuvenating procedure:
- Defined Cheekbones and Jawline
- Prevents Under-Eye Hollowing
- Reduced Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Lifted Cheeks
The Juvéderm dermal fillers are injected into the areas to be treated and the effects can ne see quickly. The usual length of time the treatment lasts is between 6 and 12 months and possibly more, this being dependent upon the individual, the area of treatment, and the product used. Now let’s talk about the ideal candidate for Juvéderm treatment at Woodlands.
Am I a Good Candidate for Juvéderm Treatment?
Not everyone is a suitable candidate for dermal fillers, so the first step will involve you in a detailed consultation with a professional who is expert in the field. There are many factors that influence the decision – your general health and lifestyle, plus any conditions you suffer from or medication you take – and the consultant will explain everything in detail.
The ideal candidate for the procedure will meet the following criteria:
- Be of good general health and suitable for such a procedure.
- Have lines on the face that are due to ageing.
- Have ageing cheeks and a sagging jaw line.
- Have hollow areas beneath the eyes.
- Have a sensible and reasonable expectation of the results that the procedure will provide.
The latter point is one that is important as no procedure guarantees absolute results. However, the success rate of Juvéderm in rejuvenating the skin is good, and your consultant will explain what to expect before you undergo the procedure. Now let’s look at what actually happens during the Juvéderm procedure.
What Happens During the Juvéderm Procedure?
As Juvéderm is a non-invasive procedure there is no need for an anaesthetic. This eliminates the risks involved in any surgical procedure. There will be injections, yet most patients feel little to no pain during the procedure. Here is a guide to the various stages of this simple, effective, and safe cosmetic procedure:
- The initial consultation will assess your suitability for Juvéderm treatment and the esthetician – the person qualified to carry out the procedure – will also advise as to the right Juvéderm product for your skin type. The procedure will be explained in full during this consultation.
- The esthetician will apply local anaesthetic to the area to be treated which is usually a cream or lotion that numbs the area. This reduces any possible pain from the injection.
- Injections of the Juvéderm are made into the required areas.
- The entire procedure will last as little as 15 minutes and no more than an hour.
- Results are seen immediately in many cases with even better results beginning to become apparent after a few days.
- There is no downtime when being treated with Juvéderm and patients can get on with their daily life as before.
It really is as simple as that, and such is the manner of the procedure that many people undergo this treatment in their lunch break. The Juvéderm treatment will last as much as 24months but usually between 6 and 12months and can be repeated as many times as you wish. Let’s finish by looking at what to expect after you have undergone the Juvéderm treatment.
What to Expect Following the Procedure
As mentioned above the effects can be almost immediate. There are no serious risks with Juvéderm fillers, and they are fully approved. You may see swelling in the treated area, redness of the skin, and perhaps soreness thanks to the injection. These are perfectly normal side-effects – as is a tingling sensation in the skin – and will subside within a few days.
If you want to know more about Juvéderm and dermal fillers, get in touch with Woodlands now and arrange an initial consultation.