Looks like we are seeing people have switched to vaping after years of being a smoker, and it’s easy to see why. The large majority of people who switch to vaping will happily tell you that they feel a million times better now that they’re no longer inhaling tobacco.
But, just how much better is vaping for you than smoking? Vaping is considered one of the healthiest alternative to smoking for a reason, so let’s explore what we know so far.
Is Vaping a Healthier Alternative to Smoking?
Yes, at the end of the day, vaping is seen as a healthier alternative to smoking. The compounds in vape oil are far less toxic than the compounds in cigarette tobacco, and even inhaling vapor over smoke is better for the respiratory system due to its higher water content and lower overall density.
Vaping as a Smoking Cessation Tool
There are loads of health benefits associated with switching to vaping, along with the convenience of cost-effective vapes that are way cheaper than actual cigarettes, in terms of puff for puff.
Another bonus of choosing vaping over other cessation methods, including cold turkey, nicotine gum, nicotine patches, etc., is that vaping is more likely to actually satisfy one’s cravings. Vaping is a lot like smoking in terms of the physical act of bringing something to your lips and taking a puff, and that alone helps people adjust more easily to a tobacco-free lifestyle.
Because you can customize the nicotine content in an e-liquid, former smokers can also guarantee that they get the same satisfaction that they’re used to. Now, with salt-based nicotine, that nicotine hit is even more satiating, as it absorbs similarly to the nicotine in cigarettes.
It’s easier than ever to make the switch, as you can find a Vape Shop or vape shop online that has everything you need to get started. There are plenty of vape kits out there that take the place of cigarettes with their adjustable features and travel-friendly designs, including all of the pod system/pod kit setups that have taken over the market for being portable yet powerful.
The Health Benefits of Vaping vs. Smoking
So, what exactly are the health benefits to vaping over smoking? Here’s what we know so far.
- No Tar: Tar is a toxic chemical that’s found in cigarette tobacco, and is extremely detrimental to the lungs. Vaping has no tar, because there is no tobacco in vape juice.
- Generally Fewer Toxins: Cigarette tobacco contains over 100 individual compounds, many of which are known to cause toxic effects. Vape juice contains 4 ingredients: nicotine, flavoring, propylene glycol, and vegetable glycerin, none of which are considered toxic to the human body.
- Improved Skin: One of the first things that people notice after quitting smoking in favor of vaping is improved skin. The tone, elasticity, and moisture levels of their skin return to normal, because the compounds in tobacco are no longer causing extensive damage to skin cells.
- Less Respiratory Effects: There are a number of respiratory effects associated with smoking, including decreased lung capacity, lung cancer, and throat irritation. Switching to vaping is generally considered to be easier on the respiratory system, since e-liquid vapor is both less irritating and less damaging than cigarette smoke.
- Better Oral Health: Your oral health will also likely improve by switching to vaping. Cigarette smoke causes yellowing of the teeth, inflammation of the gums, and a general higher likelihood of developing dental problems like cavities. Vaping has not yet been associated with any of these issues.
A Cost-Effective Alternative
Of course, aside from the very important health benefits, switching to vaping can save you significant amounts of money in the long run. Maintaining a vaping hobby has been proven to be less expensive than smoking cigarettes, with the cost of a pack of cigarettes continuing to rise in many parts of the country.
The Bottom Line
Overall, it’s pretty undeniable that vaping offers lots of advantages over smoking, both for your health and your wallet. At Vape Juice Depot, you can find a wide selection of vape devices, vape kits, e-liquids and more, to customize your new hobby and find satisfaction without relying on analogs any longer.