Stress is one common phenomenon which can have a negative effect on the overall health of an individual.
Normally, after a bout of stress, the body’s adrenaline and cortisol levels go back to normal, and the individual will once again feel calm and relaxed. However, continuous stress is becoming a norm in modern society, and failure to check it out and have it treated can have a long-term detrimental effect on the body.
This is very possible due to the effect of cortisol on the body, as it affects bodily functions like the digestive system. It must be understood that being in a state of constant stress can put the body at risk of diseases such as a malfunctioning of the heart, digestive problems, insomnia, anxiety, depression, high blood sugar, loss of libido, memory loss, unusual weight gain among others.
To be on the right side and avoid constant stress, it is advisable to take a liking to these foods which can reduce cortisol levels in the body namely: dark chocolate, yogurt, asparagus, pears, kiwi, bananas, green tea, and sweet potato.
Natural ways to reduce stress
In a bid to reduce stress in the body, some proven natural methods have been discovered, and they help in reducing the level of both adrenaline and cortisol in the body. To reduce the adrenaline level, you can try out the following:
- Engage in meditation
- Adopt exercises on deep breaths
- Focus your mind on happy and peaceful events
- Learn how to relax your muscles. You can practice by slowly tensing and relaxing the body’s muscle groups.
You can also eliminate high levels of cortisol by doing the following:
- Adopt the habit of regular and moderate exercise. You must also understand that the spike in cortisol levels after exercise is temporary. You can also exercise your mind by playing games at an online casino like NetBet
- Ensure you do not deprive yourself of sleep.
- Take out time to have fun with close friends and family
- Ensure that you eat healthy foods. You’ll have to reduce your consumption of sugary foods and tilt towards bananas, yogurts, and chocolate as pointed out earlier.