In various surveys, it has been found that people with good and healthy teeth are more attractive and confident than those dealing with dental problems and teeth imperfections. We all know that a smile is an integral part of our personality and affects our confidence and relationships.
Cosmetic dentistry has changed the way people looked at their unattractive smile a few decades ago by providing everything to give you the smile you always wanted. Several cosmetic dental procedures are available that provide you with numerous options to choose from and enjoy immediate results. Hence, it helps in providing you a high level of joy and satisfaction.
After receiving a smile makeover, you will be able to restore the health and appearance of your teeth, giving you a beautiful and confident smile. To get the best results, you need to find an experienced and reliable cosmetic dentist in your area.
What Does a Smile Makeover Mean?
If you feel self-conscious about your smile, the dentist can help you undergo suitable treatment to regain the smile lost due to one or another dental problem. Several cosmetic dentistry procedures are used to improve a smile. During the initial consultation, the dentist examines your teeth and gums to determine the eligibility for the appropriate treatment options.
If there is any oral health problem, it is resolved before starting a cosmetic dentistry procedure. The dentist creates a customised treatment plan that best fits your dental condition, needs, and goals. Dental veneers, bonding, implants, teeth whitening, and other therapeutic dentistry procedures are used during a smile makeover.
Whether you have chipped, cracked, broken, discoloured, stained, crooked, decayed, gapped, overlapped, or misaligned teeth, different oral health conditions can be improved with cosmetic dentistry procedures. The dentist listens to your concerns attentively before making a treatment plan.
Post Care Tips for Maintaining the Result of Smile Makeover Treatment
After undergoing one or more dental procedures, you have to learn how to maintain your smile makeover results for optimal dental health. These tips will help you to look and feel the best.
- Make sure to schedule regular appointments with the dentist for dental exams and cleanings for preventive dentistry.
- You must follow aftercare instructions and good oral hygiene recommended by the dentist. These include regular brushing, flossing, avoiding stain-causing foods and beverages, etc.
- Don’t forget to change your toothbrush every three months or as often as when the old toothbrush is unable to clean your teeth and gums properly.
- Use a non-abrasive or fluoride toothpaste to keep the dental restoration results for many years or a lifetime.
- Never use a mouthwash containing harsh ingredients as they can damage your filling, crowns, and veneers.
- Put more focus on eating a healthy diet without the intake of too sugary or sticky foods. These foods can damage your teeth and increase the risk of decay and gum disease.
- Avoid smoking or tobacco as they can cause stains on your teeth.
Always keep in mind that your smile is something that you must always be proud of. So, don’t miss any chance to maintain oral hygiene to enjoy good dental health for a lifetime. Looking for a recommendation? You can book an appointment to get a healthy smile with the Dentist in Nashville.