One out of ten women in the world has endometriosis. (up to a staggering 176 million worldwide). It can cause excruciating discomfort for people who are affected. The number of women self-treating with cannabis increases due to the harmful side effects of numerous traditional pain treatments. Keoni CBD may assist persons with endometriosis for reasons that we will discuss later in this article.
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is an illness that affects women’s reproductive systems. Simply put, it occurs when uterine tissue (which sheds each month during your period) develops outside of the uterus. The endometrium is a tissue that can grow on the ovaries and fallopian tubes. In severe cases, though, it can spread across the abdomen.
Endometriosis is not life-threatening, yet it can be excruciatingly painful. The tissue outside these locations reacts to our monthly hormones the way our uterine lining sheds throughout our period. It relieves and degrades, but it can become trapped inside your body because there is no clear path for it to take. It produces many discomforts and flaring, scarring, and inflammation.
Although some people only have minor symptoms and pain, it can be life-changing for others. Those suffering from mental health difficulties like depression and anxiety have far higher rates than those who are not.
What Causes Endometriosis?
There is no single effective treatment for endometriosis due to a lack of research. Scientists are trying to determine how the tissue survives outside of the uterus and avoid it. The most current notion is that menstrual blood also goes to these locations, transporting tissue where it isn’t supposed to be. It’s also possible that variables in our environment, such as hormones and chemicals in the diet, are driving tissue to expand beyond its natural boundaries.
What is known is that once the tissue starts to grow anywhere, it can continue to expand and spread. Some have likened this to cancer, in which cells continue to multiply unfavorably.
Use our system of veins and arteries to provide the cells with what they require while also removing waste products. They also develop new nerve endings, which heighten pain sensitivity.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is one of the chemical components discovered in the cannabis plant known as cannabinoids. They are present only in Cannabis sativa.
While many people associate cannabis with the sensation of being “high,” this is not the case with CBD. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the primary psychotropic cannabinoid present in cannabis. This chemical produces the euphoric feeling of being ‘high.’ CBD, unlike THC, has no psychoactive effects and does not make the person feel ‘high.’
Even though CBD has no euphoric properties, it can help with pain relief and relaxation. It’s becoming more popular as scientific studies show that it can help with anxiety, sadness, and chronic pain issues.
Is CBD and CBD Oil effective in the treatment of endometriosis?
According to emerging data, this medicinal drug appears to be helpful to some patients with endometriosis. The anti-inflammatory qualities of the drug help to reduce inflammation, which is one of the most common reasons for endometriosis discomfort. Cannabidiol also has minor analgesic effects, which may help with pain relief.
There has been less study specifically on the effects of this drug on endometriosis. However, we know that there is data to justify CBD and CBD oil to treat chronic pain. Furthermore, there is a chance that boosting the function of cannabinoid receptors that can be controlled by ingesting CBD could help minimize the over-functioning of endometriosis cells, albeit this theory has yet to be investigated further and is still in its early stages.
CBD has the potential to aid cell growth in the following ways:
- CBD, a cannabinoid, interconnects with the endocannabinoid system to help regulate body functions. It also aids in cell growth regulation, preventing over-zealous cell multiplication. As a result of these factors, there is evidence that cannabis can help treat cancer by preventing cells from proliferating. It might likely treat endometriosis in the same way.
- CBD may also prevent endometriotic cells from migrating or moving into new organs throughout the body. It could be because it contains the GPR18 receptor from activating. However, unlike the c-drug, THC (the psychoactive component of cannabis) can activate these receptors, so if you’re self-medicating with THC, CBD may be necessary to counteract this activity.
- Endometriotic cells require blood arteries and capillaries to thrive. CBD may suppress this process in cells (in the same way as it inhibits vascularization).
- For some people, the most painful aspect of endometriosis is nerve damage. Deep-infiltrating endometriosis is a type of endometriosis in which the tissue embeds itself further into the organs it is developing on. Deeper lesions with a high density of nerves can occur due to this. CBD may control neuron growth by blocking new receptors and interfering with innervation (creating new nerves).
- It’s also possible that activating endocannabinoid receptors inside the body can provide anti-inflammatory characteristics, lowering the body’s immunological reaction to new cells and reducing endometriosis-related discomfort.
What are CBD Products Effective in the Treatment of Endometriosis?
Because there are so many different methods to take CBD, it can be challenging to figure out which product is best for relieving endometriosis symptoms. CBD patches are an excellent choice for people seeking a long-lasting effect, as they last for 24 hours. We can also use them on venous tissue near the inflammatory area. It will ensure that it concentrates on this location first before being released into the bloodstream in general.
CBD vape oils are an excellent choice for individuals seeking immediate CBD treatment. Cannabidiol enters the system rapidly using a vape device, eliminating the need to wait for it to activate. The relief vape cartridge comes with various terpenes that are particular to pain and aid with chronic pain concerns.
The capsules are convenient to consume the drug, and we can use them frequently as part of a supplement regimen. A pill is an excellent method to guarantee you’re getting your CBD if you’re supplementing your diet or taking daily medicine.
Endometriosis affects many women, and there is no single solution, despite expanding the scientific study. The best CBD oil may alleviate symptoms and give anti-inflammatory properties to those who are suffering. Furthermore, there is evidence that CBD may inhibit cell proliferation and the formation of new tissue.