Have you ever considered purchasing your medication from a website that is not a traditional pharmacy?
You and your loved ones need to exercise caution while ordering online medication. You have several legitimate options when searching for a place to buy medicine online, just like www.medsforless.co.uk.
However, the FDA warns about the prevalence of fraudulent online pharmacies that provide low-cost, high-quality prescription drugs to customers without a legitimate prescription and at prices that seem too good to be true. Many online pharmacies sell unapproved or fake medications without following the same safety measures as traditional pharmacies.
Some of the medications sold on these malicious sites potentially harm your health.
Can you tell if a pharmacy you found online is legitimate? BeSafeRx is a tool created by the FDA to help you spot and avoid fraudulent drug stores on the web.
Red Flags for a Doubly Untrustworthy Online Drugstore
Take caution with any online drugstores that:
- Permit you to purchase drugs needing a prescription even if you don’t have one.
- Don’t have someone on hand with a valid U.S. pharmacy license to answer your queries.
- Make seemingly unbelievable offers on price reductions.
- Promoting low-cost medication via spam or unsolicited email is not acceptable.
- They aren’t based in the U.S. or offer international shipping.
Unfortunately, many of the medications sold from these pharmacies pose health risks since they:
- Possess an inadequate quantity of medicine to treat your illness.
- Not have the proper working component.
- Using improper substances or other potentially dangerous ones.
The medicine’s active ingredient helps with the ailment or condition it addresses. Unknown active chemicals in medicine increase the risk that they won’t work when poorly combined with other drugs you’re taking, have unpleasant side effects, or may trigger severe allergic responses.
As a result of poor storage conditions, such as a lack of refrigeration, they may have lost their efficacy in treating your illness.
Recognize the Features of a Trustworthy Pharmacy When Shopping Online
Learn how to spot a reliable pharmacy online by following these steps. They:
- A valid prescription from a medical expert is needed.
- Have a valid license issued by the pharmacy board or a comparable governmental organization in your jurisdiction. (You can verify a drugstore’s licensing status with the state’s pharmacy board.)
- A licensed pharmacist from the United States should be present to answer any queries you may have.
- Have a street number and are located in the USA.
The VIPPS® Seal, issued by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), is another way to verify a pharmacy website’s legitimacy. By obtaining this seal, you know that the online pharmacy you’re considering has satisfied state licensing requirements and those of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
Advantages of Buying Medications Online
On the surface, it would not appear that pharmacy delivery services would be all that helpful.
After all, your doctor’s orders won’t change if you have them mailed to you or drive to the local pharmacy to pick them up. Same thing, right?
Here are five benefits that should come as welcome news to anyone managing a regimen of medications for a chronic ailment.
1. Better Medication Compliance
Adherence, or taking all of your medications as prescribed, might be more difficult if you have many prescriptions, each of which may have different dosing requirements.
Buying meds from a physical pharmacy adds another layer of complexity.
Imagine that all your pills came in a neat little container delivered to your house daily, with clear directions on when and how to take them. After then, things start moving along at a considerably faster clip.
- One hundred and ten thousand patients were followed up after they were released from the hospital between 2006 and 2015 for a study presented at the 2016 International Stroke Conference. On average, 74% of patients who received their drugs through the mail were compliant with their treatment plans, while only 47% of patients who used a conventional pharmacy met their adherence goals.
- A study from 2010 found similar outcomes for diabetic patients who received medication via home delivery compared to those who purchased prescriptions from a brick-and-mortar pharmacy, as mentioned in an earlier blog post by Integrity Pharmacy.
2. Accuracy in Medication Improvement
It’s common practice for pharmacy delivery services to use cutting-edge computational methods to double-check your prescriptions for accuracy before delivering them.
- Online pharmacies that offer delivery may be more precise than traditional drugstores.
- The pharmacy error rate was roughly 1 in 50 fills (1.72 percent), whereas the pharmaceutical delivery error rate was less than 1 in 1,000 fills (0.75%).
You may rest assured that you will receive the correct drugs, dosages, and dosage forms when you sign up for a medication management service that offers home delivery. This may lessen the likelihood of unpleasant side effects and hospitalization.
3. Increased Productivity
Medication management can be made more efficient with the help of modern computer technology and robotic dispensing technologies.
Delivery pharmacies have many advantages for patients over conventional pharmacies.
- accepts a broader range of prescription quantities
- Excellence improved
- Savings on prescription drug prices
- pharmacists liberated from the tedious task of pill counting
- Perhaps it could result in financial gains for both patients and insurers
4. Cuts Down on Useless Medical Supplies
Significant financial, health, and environmental concerns are associated with disposing unused prescription medications.
For instance, pharmaceuticals have tainted numerous communities’ drinking water supplies.
Yet the possibility of unneeded pills ending up in landfills or water supplies is greatly diminished when medication is delivered to the home in the precise amount and dosage.
- Delivery of pharmaceuticals to military troops, veterans, and their families was determined to have significant advantages in a 2013 research conducted by the Department of Defense’s Office of the Inspector General. One advantage highlighted by the research was a decreased amount of unused medication.
- In 2011, researchers showed that cholesterol drugs ordered through the mail had a lower rate of being abandoned.
5. Costs Less
Avoidable medical costs due to nonadherence alone cost the United States between $100 billion and $300 billion yearly.
You can save money by only paying for the prescriptions you need with a personalized medication management service that provides monthly home delivery of your medications. Additionally, you may have a lower possibility of incurring the costs associated with pharmaceutical mistakes.
Home medication distribution is an excellent method for reducing healthcare expenditures in the long run due to improved adherence, increased accuracy and efficiency, and decreased pharmaceutical waste.