It absolutely can. Medical marijuana can definitely be used to boost energy levels, provide a motivational high and keep you active and inspired.
While many people may associate weed with couchlock and the dreaded munchies that have always prevented us from sticking to our diets, weed can also be a great way to uplift your spirits, and give you a boost in energy levels and productivity.
And while certain strains are designed with the first effects in mind and are specifically sought-after for those effects, especially the relief they can provide in the treatment of certain medical issues such as insomnia, anxiety, eating disorders and so on, both recreational and medical cannabis consumers are looking for another desired effect of weed and that’s energy.
If you too are looking for that certain type of high, stick around to find out which strains work best for that, what type of effects you can expect and everything else in between.
Benefits of High-Energy Medical Marijuana
If you’re looking for a strain of medical marijuana that will boost your energy levels, here are some other accompanying benefits you can expect to get with a typical high-energy strain:
- Helps You Exercise. Getting high on a strain that’s designed to boost your energy levels can help motivate you to stick to your exercise schedule and can make exercising more fun and enjoyable while also improving your relationship to fitness and exercising in general. Weed can also help change your perspective when it comes to feelings of dread towards working out, fitness burnout and so on.
- Helps You Study. While you may think that weed and studying don’t go very well together, certain strains of weed, such as high-energy weed can help improve your focus, motivate you to put in the work and give your best and keep you productive and energized throughout your study sessions.
- Sharpens Your Focus. If you want to help your distracted mind and improve your focus and concentration, high-energy Sativa strains are the way to go.
- Combats Tiredness. If you’re looking to get pumped, energized and refreshed, search for high-energy Sativas that produce an uplifting and energizing high and help keep tiredness and fatigue at bay.
Tips on Finding Medical Marijuana that Boosts Your Energy Levels
If you want to get more energized, motivated and focused and are searching for the right strain to help you with that, here are a few tips to help you find it easier.
Indica or Sativa?
Before we go onto details on how to pick the right strain for energy, let’s cover our basics first.
Indica strains are generally used for their deep relaxation effects. With their sedative, calming and relaxing properties Indica-dominant strains can help with numerous different medical issues, such as anxiety, difficulty sleeping, appetite loss and so on. Unlike Indica-dominant strains, Sativa-dominant strains can provide you with a boost in energy, can improve your creativity and focus and regulate your mood, sleep and appetite among other things.
That’s why Sativa-dominant strains would be a better choice if you’re looking to boost your energy, stay sharp and experience a more cerebral high.
What Are the Best Sativa Strains for Energy?
Now that we’ve determined that Sativa-dominant strains are best for staying active, energetic and motivated, it’s time to check out which Sativas are best for energy and focus.
- THC-dominant strains. While not all THC-dominant strains are intended for energy and focus, the ones that work best for these types of purposes tend to have a high THC level of around 17-27%.
- High-CBD strains (with or without THC). These types of strains can provide you with a clear-headed high and give you the focus and motivation you need to get your day started in a productive way.
Where to Get the Best Sativa Strains for Energy
If you’d like to try some of the best cannabis strains for energy yourself, you can check all of them out here at Herbies Seeds and see which one fits your needs best.
At Herbies, you can find a variety of THC-dominant strains, high-CBD strains that are low I n THC, strains that are balanced in their THC to CBD ratio and everything else in between. As you browse the available strains on their shop pay attention to which benefits suit you best and what you are looking to get out of the high so you can get a strain that you’ll enjoy.
Growing and possessing cannabis is prohibited by law in many states countries. If you want to become a grower, always check your own local laws. Consuming marijuana for recreational purposes or beyond medical prescription is illegal and might have negative effects on your health. Always check your doctor’s advice before doing so.