Married couples struggle to understand each other and resolve disputes through effective communication. It affects their ability to mutually agree on a solution, which can cause distant behavior. Marriage counseling helps the couple to understand and make rational decisions to resolve conflict. In such cases, couples should consider marriage counseling in Dubai. The married couple can connect with a reliable and competent therapist through Fitcy Health. The platform helps individuals to seek guidance from a licensed therapist in Dubai at affordable rates.
Purpose of Marriage Counseling
Marriage counseling aims to help couples become empathetic toward each other and make rational decisions to enhance their relationship. Happiness and contentment allow married couples to thrive in their personal, professional, and social life. Hence, couples who fail to communicate their feelings must consider marriage counseling. The common issues that couples struggle with, which lead to conflicts, include:
- Ineffective Communication: Married couples must learn to have mutual consensus for personal and professional growth that helps promote mental health. However, most couples struggle to open up about their feelings with each other which raises conflicts.
- Financial Instability: Most couples struggle to manage their finances according to their needs and wants, which affects their communication and relationship.
- Lack of Sexual Intimacy: Infidelity and losing sexual interest in the partner affects the relationship. A breach of trust can affect the relationship and cause multiple problems, leading to separation/divorce.
The usefulness of Marriage Counseling
The benefits of marriage counseling include:
- The couple learns to communicate and become empathetic to each other to resolve conflicts.
- Marriage can change the roles and responsibilities of individuals. It can affect their ability to become productive and content. Marriage counseling helps individuals to gain a better understanding of the relationship dynamics and adjust accordingly.
- A marriage counselor helps the individual learn strategies to hammer out the barriers and learn strategies to cope with anxiety, time management, and correlating problems.
- Marriage counseling helps the couple to resolve disputes, without causing further harm to each other’s emotions and feelings.
Guideline of Counseling Sessions
The sessions of marriage counseling include:
- The counselor helps the couple get comfortable with the environment and speak about their problems without any hesitation. The environment enables the individuals to openly communicate with their partner and the counselor without biases and judgment.
- The session involves the couple making a timeline and talking about the goals. It helps them to work together to resolve conflicts without resentment by making rational decisions.
Starting Your Marriage Counseling
- Mutual Agreement: Individuals must realize that counseling is effective when the client is ready to accept their problems and agrees to work on themselves to become a better version of themselves. Hence, it is necessary to mutually agree on marriage counseling to resolve problems affecting the relationship.
- Prepare Yourself: Counseling can cause the individual to talk about traumatic memories. Therefore, one should prepare themselves for the challenges. Honesty, openness, and receptiveness enable couples to overcome problems and enhance the relationship.
- Find a Suitable Therapist: Married couples must find a reliable and experienced therapist. Fitcy Health helps married couples seek guidance regarding treatment plans at affordable rates by connecting to a competent specialist in Dubai.