Weight issues concern many people. Losing weight to look prettier is not a rarity. Yet, extensive workouts and occasional starvation does not contribute to healthiness. Still, people strive to maximize the result and minimize the effort. And we sometimes can read and hear stories about how CBD and THC are the keys to fast, sustainable, and comfortable weight loss.
Delta-8, a non-psychoactive variant of THC, has been shown to have several potential benefits for both mind and body. Some people swear that pure Delta 8 oil was the only thing that worked for their plan — but does the science back this up? So, what is Delta 8, how does it works, and is there any evidence that it can help you lose weight?
What Are Delta-8 Edibles, And What Does Research Say About Them?
Delta 8 edibles are cannabidiol (CBD) products made with Delta 8 THC. The latter is a cannabinoid that is found in the hemp plant. Some assumed health benefits of D8 include reducing anxiety, improving sleep, and reducing pain. The edibles are available in various forms, including Delta 8 gummies, cookies, and brownies. Recently, products containing Delta-8-THC have become popular, as they are said to provide the benefits of cannabis without the “high.” Another reason for increasing popularity is that many people associate the use of D8 edibles with weight loss.
Nevertheless, there is insufficient research to support the claims about the positive effects of D8 or its interrelation with weight loss. Some studies have suggested that Delta-8-THC may help to reduce anxiety and improve epilepsy symptoms, but more research is needed. Overall, the effects of Delta-8-THC are not well understood today.
What Effects Do Delta 8 Edibles Have On Appetite And Weight?
Delta-8 edibles are said to have various benefits, including helping to lose weight. Some people believe that Delta-8 can help suppress appetite and promote weight loss. Yet, no scientific evidence supports this claim. Research suggests that Delta-9 THC is more likely to promote weight gain than weight loss.
Delta 8 may also increase appetite by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, which regulates many bodily functions, including appetite. Thus, for instance, one study found that Delta 8 increased appetite in rats by activating the same receptors activated by Delta 9 THC. More research is needed to confirm these body gain effects of D8 in humans. However, if Delta 8 increases appetite in humans, it could be beneficial for those who are trying to gain weight or have difficulty eating due to medical conditions such as cancer or AIDS.
But why do many people think Delta 8 might effectively lose weight? The key point here is that the research findings we currently have are not only insufficient but also contradicting. Apart from the research mentioned above, there was another study. The other one found that Delta 8 caused a decrease in food intake in rats. That was explained by the fact that Delta 8 may also increase the time it takes for the stomach to empty. Slow digestion, in turn, can lead to a feeling of fullness and may help to reduce the number of calories consumed. However, more research is obligatory to determine the effect of delta 8 on appetite and weight in humans.
The Indirect Weight Loss Help
Even though Delta-8 does not focus on altering your weight, it has other effects that might contribute to healthy weight loss. For instance:
- Delta-8 edibles stabilize the sleep schedule. Healthier sleep is essential for systemic and sustainable weight loss;
- Delta-8 products reduce stress levels. Stress often makes us gorge on a whole pizza in one sitting. Yet, people with a wolfy appetite can still control their urges to eat when there is stress mitigation;
- Delta 8 treats help fight depression. Some (not all!) depressed people might have additional urges to eat. Moreover, they might focus on junk food because such meals are a fast source of dopamine. Alleviating depression might help patients fight urges to eat.
- Delta-8 gummies often give energy. That energy is vital for workouts, and people lose more calories per session.
So, Delta 8 mostly helps create a ground for weight loss. And such a good base is more important than constant calorie counting!
Is It Safe And Legal To Use Delta-8?
The FDA does not currently regulate delta-8 edibles, so it is important to do your research before purchasing any products. The edibles are legal in most states, and they are being sold as a way to get the benefits of Delta 8 THC without the psychoactive effects. Ensure that your attention is on third-party tested products made from high-quality ingredients. Also, if you use Delta 8 in your daily ration, start with a low dose and increase gradually as needed. Delta-8 edibles can provide many health benefits, but it is important to use them safely and effectively.
Delta 8 And Weight Loss: Key Takeaways
To summarize, existing research neither confirms nor fully denies the interrelation between Delta 8 and weight loss. The findings about this interrelation remain contradicting so far:
- There is a study result that shows that Delta 8 boosts appetite and makes rats gain weight.
- We know about the interaction of Delta 8 with the endocannabinoid system, as a result of which one’s appetite can be normalized.
- There is another study result that shows that Delta 8 makes rats lose weight.
- We know about the impact of Delta 8 on digestion, increasing the amount of time to digest the food.
Given the fact that we still do not have reliable research that would describe the effects of Delta 8 edibles on metabolism in humans, we suggest sticking with tested and trusted weight loss strategies such as:
- Reducing the calory intake: One weight loss strategy is to eat smaller meals more often throughout the day. That helps to keep the metabolism going and prevents hunger cravings.
- Making the diet balanced: Another weight loss strategy is ensuring each meal includes balanced protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates. That sustains blood sugar levels stable and provides sustained energy throughout the day.
- Ensuring enough exercising: Finally, no enthusiast can achieve weight loss without some level of physical activity. Even a 15-minute exercise can help to boost metabolism and burn calories.