Whether you are an advocate of cannabis or skeptical of its use, it is impossible not to notice the current hype over all the products containing cannabidiol. Despite the up-and-down legal status and regulations, these products in the form of lotions, oils and gummies have become some of the most demanded wellness items on the market.
CBD oil, which was once considered as alternative care, is now quickly breaking unimpeded into the mainstream medical and beauty markets. Studies show that this compound will only positively impact the consumers in the coming years.
Experts are finding that more UK patients have turned to the use of this product more than pharmaceuticals. As a result, online platforms have kept up with the increasing demand for CBD oil for sale.
When looking for the best oil on the market, patients are advised to expand their knowledge on this novel product and its variations to make an informed choice. The differences between the various products are often designed in specific ways to accommodate individual needs.
The best CBD oil products comes in these options:
- Full-spectrum products – These includes other plant compounds, such as terpenes, proteins, fatty acids and various types of cannabinoids, including the often illegal THC from the cannabis plant. These parts work together synergistically to produce the final effects, which may have various medical and recreational activities.
- Broad-spectrum products – These have plant compounds, with the exclusion of THC. Patients consider this option when they are first-time users or do not wish to ingest THC. It is also apt for those who have to undergo routine drug tests and in states whether this substance is illegal.
- Isolated cannabidiol oil – These products only have cannabidiol present in them. All the other plant matter and compounds are discarded, leaving only 99% pure CBD.
All these products undergo the same general manufacturing process, and all have their benefits. Although THC is present in full-spectrum products, it often does not cause euphoric intoxication. This is because it is present in sub-therapeutic trace amounts of 0.2% to 0.3%, which cannot induce these effects.
Is CBD Oil Classified as a Drug?
This question ultimately depends on the user’s definition of the word drug. If they are referring to a substance that can be used for medicinal purposes without causing euphoria, it is possible to consider the compound a drug that promotes health and wellness.
These claims are backed up by the fast-growing body of research endlessly proving its therapeutic, medicinal and wellness status. On the other hand, CBD oil does not fall under the definition of drug where it refers to an intoxicating product. It does not produce any euphoric alterations to the central nervous system, perception, consciousness, mood or the mind’s ability to think clearly.
CBD will not be detected during a drug screening. Many employment routine drug tests look for presence of THC or its metabolites. However, cannabidiol will rarely show up on a drug test. Full-spectrum CBD oil can cause a drug test to come back as positive, but the user can inform their employer or use isolates to avoid this concern.
Can CBD Hemp Oil Help College Students?
CBD hemp oil is an independent compound that does not produce any intoxicating effect. It does not adversely affect consciousness and sensory response, therefore, college students can use it for various purposes.
College students face many problems, such as test anxiety or general anxiety, insomnia, stress from family or friends and other overwhelming feelings. These problems can manifest into something bigger, which needs treatment. Since other pharmaceuticals have addictive characteristics, cannabidiol seems to be the perfect solution to these issues. This compound has no risk of addiction or dependence.
UK statistics on CBD oil show that the compound may help with the following:
- Anxiety – Not everyone has a social presence like our favourite celebrities or the steel nerves to stay calm before a big test. Since this oil has calming properties, it can soothe these anxious feelings. This can promote a clear mind, which is beneficial just before an exam.
- Insomnia – Sleep almost seems secondary in college due to all the activities and work that needs to be done. Getting enough sleep is vital for a strong body and mind, and since the endocannabinoid system controls it, taking cannabidiol before bed can promote sleep.
- Physical pain – Staying active is vital in maintaining mental and physical health. However, with exercise come muscle and joint pain that can debilitate a student. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, which is helpful to relieve these pains.
Best Methods to Take CBD Oil
For some, taking cannabidiol is simply part of the daily routine, like taking a vitamin. However, other individuals are still confused about how to take this oil besides vaping and smoking. Below are some effective methods to benefit from it in its different forms.
CBD oil UK products can be taken in these ways:
- Edibles – These are a healthy and discreet way to take cannabidiol. The oil can be added to cooking or baking, even candies. However, eating edibles can take up to two hours to feel its effects due to the digestive process. This method is well-suited for first-users.
- Sublingually – These products are designed to be absorbed under the tongue. They are a great alternative to edibles if users wish to avoid sugar and preservatives. Additionally, the compound is absorbed faster under the tongue.
- Topicals – This is for external use only, as cannabidiol oil can be added to various creams, balms and lotions. It can help with localized pain while also keeping the skin moisturized. These topicals can also have other essential oils, such as coconut oil.
Can I Take CBD Oil with Other Medications?
While cannabidiol products are generally tolerable, it does produce its fair share of mild side effects. These include nausea, drowsiness, lightheadedness and dry mouth. Taking the compound with other medications with similar side effects may increase the danger of toxicity.
This includes OTC or prescription treatments and substances that cause sleepiness, such as benzodiazepines, opioids, antidepressants, antihistamines and alcohol. The combination may lead to increased fatigue and distorted perceptions that can increase the risk of accidents.
Increased sedation can also result from using certain herbal treatments, such as kava with cannabidiol. On the other hand, taking the compound with stimulants, such as Adderall, can decrease appetite. Considering these interactions, when patients purchase CBD oil for sale, they should first check with the doctor about the risks of taking a supplement.